By Arthur W. Adamson
"Should be on each floor chemist's interpreting list." -Spectroscopy (on the 5th Edition)
Bridging the methodologies of "wet" and "dry" floor chemistry to offer floor chemistry as a unmarried huge box, actual Chemistry of Surfaces, 6th version keeps its place because the regular paintings of floor technology. This seriously revised and up-to-date version presents thorough assurance for college students and execs. New beneficial properties of the 6th version include:
* increased therapy of movies on the liquid-air and liquid-solid interfaces, with modern innovations and macromolecular films
* options for tunneling and atomic strength scanning microscopes
* In-depth assurance of heterogeneous catalysis, together with the case of CO on metals
* elevated emphasis at the versatile floor and restructuring of surfaces while adsorption occurs
* a brand new bankruptcy on macromolecular films
The ebook starts with the fundamentals of the actual chemistry of liquid-gas and liquid-solid interfaces, together with electro-chemistry, long-range forces, and a number of the equipment of spectroscopic and structural research of surfaces. those are via descriptive remedies of subject matters similar to friction, lubrication, adhesion and emulsion, foams, and aerosols. remaining chapters current a quantitative method of actual and chemical adsorption of vapors and gases in addition to heterogeneous catalysis.
For senior-level undergraduates and graduate scholars, each one bankruptcy offers the elemental floor chemistry of the subjects with complete derivations, end-of-chapter difficulties, and experiences of modern advances. This ebook is usually an exceptional reference for pro chemists attracted to employing floor chemistry to their paintings.